Sunday, May 8, 2011

The War Begins

I spent my Sunday in an epic 6-hour battle with a persistent pair of Columba Livias (Rock Pigeons) roosting under the neighboring deck abutting our lightwell.  These vermin not only make a constant cooing sound that drives me up the wall, but these ferocious fowl have rendered our lightwell in the foulest shape of all.  When I discovered the carcass of one of their forefathers wedged in the crevasse between the deck and our building, I conceded it was time for action.

This was not my first battle with these birds.  I’ve installed pigeon spikes and pigeon glue in all the recommended locations, only to have these rascals make a mockery of my handiwork.  But this time I entered battle with a newfound resolve that could not be defeated! (Or so I thought…)

What follows is a detailed account of my battle against these filthy birds.  As you'll see, I grossly misjudged the tenacity and fight in my foe.  Something tells me this war will not be won in short order...

No comments:

Post a Comment