Monday, May 9, 2011

Day 2: Fowl Mood

I woke up this morning and decided to check on Luci and Taz to see if they were still hanging out on the upper rail of the neighbor's fence.  To my delight, they were nowhere to be seen.  Ah, nothing like the sweet taste of success for a Monday morning breakfast.  

As I start to turn away from the window, the slightest of movements catches my eye.  Way down at the end of the crevasse, at the mouth of the demons' roost and on the other side of my goddam net, I see the eye of the devil himself staring back at me. 

"You have to be fuckin' kidding me!?!"  

How could this happen?  How was Luci able to circumnavigate my netting?  Did I somehow miss an opening somewhere when I installed the net?  My eyes quickly shift to the netting... just where was this unforgivable breach of security?  Everything appears to be tight and intact.  And then I see it.  Right where the netting covers the top of the parapet wall, at the spot where these winged demons enter the crevasse leading toward their lair of evil, they have cut a perfect ovular opening in my net.  

Round 2 to the birds...

No comments:

Post a Comment